Welcome to CGI Montreal’s Page
CGI Montreal has been invited to partake in Project E.M.E.S. JCW awaits their response and information will be updated as it is received.
Please review the policies in place in your child’s camp. Review this summer’s staff list and contact us if any names raise red flags.
CGI Montreal’s Sexual Abuse Policy
CGI Montreal’s Staff List Summer 2013
JCW’s Staff Responsibilty Agreement adopted by CGI Montreal
Questions posed to camp administration:
- Are criminal background checks (including the sex offenders’ registry) performed on all personnel?
- How many references does the camp require for staff members or volunteers, and how does the camp check them?
- During your interview process do you discuss boundaries—appropriate or inappropriate touches?
- Do you offer training to staff to prevent sexual abuse and bullying? If yes, who does the training?
- How are campers made aware of what to do if they feel unsafe?
- Under what circumstances are staff members allowed to be alone with a camper?
- Are at least two adult counselors assigned to sleep in each cabin/bunkhouse? If not, what extra precautions are taken in this bunk?
- Who is responsible for enforcing camp rules and regulations with regard to allegations of sexual misconduct?
- What steps are you taking to decrease the risk of bullying among campers?
- When allegations of sexual misconduct are raised, are they reported to a rabbinical authority or to the police?
- Do you offer your employees clear policies about sexual misconduct and consequences, and are they in a staff handbook?
- Is every staff member and volunteer in your camp required to read and sign your Child Abuse Policy and Staff Responsibility Agreement before he is accepted?
(Information is being updated as it is received.)
If your camp has not sent in the information indicated above, please contact them and request that they do. Administrative Office: 4387 Plamondon Avenue, Montreal QC, H3S-1M1
Fax: 514-343-0179 firstname.lastname@example.org