Get Help For Your Family
If you or someone you know has further questions about a situation in their family or community, please check out our Online Help Center or email or call our toll-free Helpline at 1.888.PREVENT to have a confidential conversation with our professionally trained staff.
A Community-Based Approach to Healing Families (Fall 2007)
- Finding a respectful partnership between parents and professionals.
- Learn about an alternative to institutionalized care for youth.
- Resources for specialized treatment.
- Guest column by Steve Gilbertson, MS
Loving Them Both (Spring 2005)
- How to cope when both the abuser and the victim are your children.
- Promoting healthy sexuality in young people with sexual behavior problems.
- Guest column by Steve Brown, PsyD
Support Groups for Parents *(Fall 2004)
- Four stories from parents in a caregiver support group.
- Why parents need support in order to help their children.
- Guest column by Dan Knoepfler, MC
When Abuse Hits Home (Spring 2004)
- What to expect in the aftermath of abuse– understanding what a family will face.
- What to consider when looking for treatment for your child.
- Guest column by Steven Bengis, Ed D, LCSW
Stronger and Wiser (Spring 2002)
- Facing recovery and breaking the isolation, families seek help, come together and heal.
- Parents of children with sexual behavior problems share with Stop It Now!.
- Guest column by: David Prescott, MSW
Parent to Parent: How You Can Help (Winter 2001)
- Books that help: Healing books for children, youth and their parents.
- How you can find the books you’ll need.
- Guest column by Euan Bear
They’ve Moved Forward, Forever Changed (Summer 2000)
- The light at the end of the tunnel–family follow-up from Summer 1998 issue.
- What to do to support safer behavior in children with sexual behavior problems.
- Guest column by Patti Cutler, M Ed, LMHC
- A parent focus group at the New England Conference on Child Sexual Abuse.
- How to prevent re-offending – safety, supervision and communication.
- Guest column by David Prescott, LICSW
- Healing the victim and the young offender.
- Responding to concerning sexual behavior in young children.
- Guest column by Toni Cavanagh Johnson, PhD
A Family Sustained and Nourished with Openness (Spring 1999)
- Turning lives around: With help families can heal from multiple traumas.
- Managing the accusation and the grief of discovery.
- Also includes: “Supervision of Your Child”.
- Guest column by William Ballantyne, PsyD
Love & Communication Guide Family to Recovery (Winter 1999)
- One parent’s story about the path to healing.
- Sharing the secret and how to talk about this.
A Family’s Road to Healing (Fall 1998)
- The importance of trusting your instincts about your children.
- Dos & don’ts of loving your child with sexual behavior problems.
- Guest column by Tiff Waskowicz
A Message of Hope and Courage (Summer 1998)
- Treatment is out there and it works; survivors and abusers are not “damaged for life”.
- What other behaviors to watch for.
- Guest column by Rob Freeman-Longo, MRC, LPC
The Most Difficult Decision of My Life (Spring 1998)
- Deciding to report sexual offenses committed by your child.
- What is age appropriate sexual behavior?